|After Recording Return to: |
Above This Line Reserved For Official Use Only
MILITARY GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
THIS IS A MILITARY POWER OF ATTORNEY PREPARED AND EXECUTED PURSUANT TO TITLE 10, UNITED STATES CODE, SECTION 1044B, BY A PERSON AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE LEGAL ASSISTANCE FROM THE MILITARY SERVICES. FEDERAL LAW EXEMPTS A MILITARY POWER OF ATTORNEY FROM ANY REQUIREMENT OF FORM, SUBSTANCE, FORMALITY OR RECORDING THAT IS PRESCRIBED FOR POWERS OF ATTORNEY BY THE LAWS OF ANY STATE, COMMONWEALTH, TERRITORY, DISTRICT, OR POSSESSION OF THE UNITED STATES. FEDERAL LAW SPECIFIES THAT A MILITARY POWER OF ATTORNEY SHALL BE GIVEN THE SAME LEGAL EFFECT AS A POWER OF ATTORNEY PREPARED AND EXECUTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION WHERE IT IS PRESENTED.
KNOW ALL PERSONS, that I,___________________________________ ,
a legal resident of ______________________________,and presently deployed to ____________________________________, desiring to execute a GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY, do hereby appoint _____________________________________, who currently resides at ________________________________________________ my Attorney‑in‑Fact to act as follows, granting unto my said Attorney full power to:
1. Disposition of Property. To sell, assign, transfer, convey, exchange, deed, mortgage, pledge, lease, let, license, demise, remise, quitclaim, bargain or otherwise dispose of any or all of my real estate, stocks, bonds, evidences of indebtedness and other securities and other personal tangible and intangible or mixed property, or any custody, possession, interest or right therein at public or private sale, upon such terms, consideration, and conditions as my said attorney shall deem advisable and to execute, acknowledge and deliver such instruments and writings of whatsoever kind and nature as may be necessary, convenient or proper in the premises.
2. Collection of Debts. To demand, collect, recover, sue for, receive and give receipt or release for any monies, debts, dividends, interests, royalties, legacies, annuities, demands, discounts, income, rents, profits, securities or other property of any sort, now or hereafter due or becoming due to me or to which I may be or hereafter become entitled.
a) To endorse and negotiate for any and all purposes all promissory notes, bills of exchange, checks, drafts or other negotiable or non-negotiable paper payable to me or to my order;
b) To endorse for transfer all certificates of stock, bond or other securities;
c) To endorse and cash United States Savings Bonds and notes.
4. Executing Government Vouchers. To execute vouchers in my behalf for any and all allowances, compensation and reimbursements properly payable to me by the Government of the United States or any agency or department thereof.
5. Depositing Money and Other Property. To deposit in my attorney’s or my name, or jointly in both our names, in any banking institution, funds or property, and to withdraw any part or all of my deposits at any time made by me in my behalf.
6. Borrowing Money. To borrow money in my name when deemed necessary to my said attorney upon such terms as to my said attorney appear proper and to execute such instruments as may be requisite for such purpose.
7. Acquisition of Property. To buy, receive, lease, accept or otherwise acquire in my name and for my account property, real, personal or mixed, upon such terms, considerations and conditions as my said attorney shall think proper.
8. Recovering Possession of Property. To eject, remove or relieve tenants or other persons from, and recover possession of, any property, real, personal or mixed in which I now or hereafter may have an interest.
9. Litigation. To institute, maintain, defend, compromise, arbitrate or otherwise dispose of, any and all actions, suits, attachments or other legal proceedings for or against me, to the extent that such litigation is allowed.
10. Tax Returns. To prepare and execute any tax returns, including, but not limited to, Federal income tax returns, State income tax returns, Social Security tax returns, and Federal and State information and estimated returns; to execute any claims for refund, protests, applications for abatement, petitions to the United States Board of Tax Appeals or any other Board or Court, Federal or State, consents and waivers to determination and assessment of taxes and consents and waivers agreeing to a later determination and assessment of taxes than is provided by statute of limitations; to receive and endorse and collect any checks in settlement of any refund of taxes; to examine and to request and receive copies of any tax returns, reports and other information from the United States Treasury Department or any other taxing authority, Federal or State, in connection with any of the foregoing matters.
11. Automobiles. To execute and deliver to the proper persons and authority any and all documents, instruments and papers necessary to effect proper registration of any automobile in which I now or may hereafter have an interest, or the sale thereof and transfer of legal title thereto as required by law, and to collect and receipt for all monies paid in consideration of such sale and transfer.
FURTHER, I do authorize my aforesaid attorney to execute, acknowledge and deliver any instrument under seal or otherwise, and to do all things necessary to carry out the intent hereof, hereby granting unto my said attorney full power and authority to act in and concerning the premises as fully and effectually as I may do if personally present.
PROVIDED, however, that all business transacted hereunder for me or for my account shall be transacted in my name, and that all endorsements and instruments executed by my said attorney for the purpose of carrying out the foregoing powers shall contain my name, followed by that of my said attorney and the designation “attorney-in-fact”.
This Power of Attorney shall not be affected by any subsequent disability or incompetence.
I further declare that any act or thing lawfully done hereunder by my said attorney shall be binding on myself and my heirs, legal and personal representatives and assigns, whether the same shall have been done either before or after my death, or other revocation of this instrument, unless and until reliable intelligence or notice thereof shall have been received by my said attorney.
TERMINATION: This power of attorney shall be effective until terminated by me..
Not withstanding my insertion of a specific expiration date herein, if on the above specified expiration date, I shall be or have been carried in a military status of “missing,” “missing-in-action” or “prisoner of war, ” then this power of attorney shall automatically remain valid and in full effect until sixty (60) days after I have returned to United States Military control following termination of such status. This power of attorney shall not be affected by the disability of the principal.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this _______day of __________________.
At _________________________, I,__________________________ ,
the undersigned noncommissioned officer, do hereby certify that on this ___________day of ___________________ , before me personally appeared , who signed and executed the foregoing instrument I do further certify that I am at the date of this certificate a noncommissioned officer of the grade, branch of service and organization stated below In the active service of the United States Armed Forces, that by statute no seal is required on this certificate and that same is executed in my capacity as ____________________ at _________________________________.
AUTHORITY TO NOTARIZE GRANTED UNDER __________
STATE OF _______________
This Instrument of writing was filed
for record on the ________day of
___________A.D. at __________
o’clock ____.M. and duly recorded
in Vol./Book ___________on page .
State Specific Power of Attorney Forms
—-For State Specific Power of Attorney Forms you can download in Word Format go to