GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
KNOW ALL PERSONS BY THESE PRESENT:
That I,______________________________ , an adult resident citizen of ______________County, ___________________ (State), residing at ______________________________ have made,constituted and appointed, and by these presents do make, constitute and appoint, ___________________________________ my true and lawful attorney to act as follows, that is to say:
1. Disposition of Property. To sell, assign, transfer, convey, exchange, deed, mortgage, pledge, lease, let, license, demise, remise, quitclaim, bargain or otherwise dispose of any or all of my real estate, stocks, bonds, evidences of indebtedness and other securities and other personal tangible and intangible or mixed property, or any custody, possession, interest or right therein at public or private sale, upon such terms, consideration, and conditions as my said attorney shall deem advisable and to execute, acknowledge and deliver such instruments and writings of whatsoever kind and nature as may be necessary, convenient or proper in the premises.
2. Collection of Debts. To demand, collect, recover, sue for, receive and give receipt or release for any monies, debts, dividends, interests, royalties, legacies, annuities, demands, discounts, income, rents, profits, securities or other property of any sort, now or hereafter due or becoming due to me or to which I may be or hereafter become entitled.
a) To endorse and negotiate for any and all purposes all promissory notes, bills of exchange, checks, drafts or other negotiable or non-negotiable paper payable to me or to my order;
b) To endorse for transfer all certificates of stock, bond or other securities;
c) To endorse and cash United States Savings Bonds and notes.
4. Executing Government Vouchers. To execute vouchers in my behalf for any and all allowances, compensation and reimbursements properly payable to me by the Government of the United States or any agency or department thereof.
5. Depositing Money and Other Property. To deposit in my attorney’s or my name, or jointly in both our names, in any banking institution, funds or property, and to withdraw any part or all of my deposits at any time made by me in my behalf.
6. Borrowing Money. To borrow money in my name when deemed necessary to my said attorney upon such terms as to my said attorney appear proper and to execute such instruments as may be requisite for such purpose.
7. Acquisition of Property. To buy, receive, lease, accept or otherwise acquire in my name and for my account property, real, personal or mixed, upon such terms, considerations and conditions as my said attorney shall think proper.
8. Recovering Possession of Property. To eject, remove or relieve tenants or other persons from, and recover possession of, any property, real, personal or mixed in which I now or hereafter may have an interest.
9. Litigation. To institute, maintain, defend, compromise, arbitrate or otherwise dispose of, any and all actions, suits, attachments or other legal proceedings for or against me.
10. Tax Returns. To prepare and execute any tax returns, including, but not limited to, Federal income tax returns, State income tax returns, Social Security tax returns, and Federal and State information and estimated returns; to execute any claims for refund, protests, applications for abatement, petitions to the United States Board of Tax Appeals or any other Board or Court, Federal or State, consents and waivers to determination and assessment of taxes and consents and waivers agreeing to a later determination and assessment of taxes than is provided by statute of limitations; to receive and endorse and collect any checks in settlement of any refund of taxes; to examine and to request and receive copies of any tax returns, reports and other information from the United States Treasury Department or any other taxing authority, Federal or State, in connection with any of the foregoing matters.
11. Automobiles. To execute and deliver to the proper persons and authority any and all documents, instruments and papers necessary to effect proper registration of any automobile in which I now or may hereafter have an interest, or the sale thereof and transfer of legal title thereto as required by law, and to collect and receipt for all monies paid in consideration of such sale and transfer.
FURTHER, I do authorize my aforesaid attorney to execute, acknowledge and deliver any instrument under seal or otherwise, and to do all things necessary to carry out the intent hereof, hereby granting unto my said attorney full power and authority to act in and concerning the premises as fully and effectually as I may do if personally present.
PROVIDED, however, that all business transacted hereunder for me or for my account shall be transacted in my name, and that all endorsements and instruments executed by my said attorney for the purpose of carrying out the foregoing powers shall contain my name, followed by that of my said attorney and the designation “attorney-in-fact”.
This Power of Attorney shall not be affected by any subsequent disability or incompetence.
I further declare that any act or thing lawfully done hereunder by my said attorney shall be binding on myself and my heirs, legal and personal representatives and assigns, whether the same shall have been done either before or after my death, or other revocation of this instrument, unless and until reliable intelligence or notice thereof shall have been received by my said attorney.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and seal this the ____ day of ______________, 20___.
Name and Address _________________________________________
Name and Address _________________________________________
STATE OF ____________________
COUNTY OF ___________________
PERSONALLY came and appeared before me, the undersigned authority in and for the jurisdiction aforesaid, the within named _________________ , who acknowledged to me that he signed, executed and delivered the foregoing Power of Attorney on the day and year therein mentioned.
GIVEN under my hand and official seal of office, this the _______day of ________________, 2000.
My Commission Expires:
State Specific Power of Attorney Forms
—-For State Specific Power of Attorney Forms you can download in Word Format go to