STATE OF _________________
COUNTY OF _______________
THIS AGREEMENT made, entered into and executed in duplicate this ____ day of ___________, 20___ , by and between ______________________, hereinafter called “Lessor”, and __________________________________, hereinafter called “Lessee”, as follows:
1. Lessor hereby leases and lessee hereby accepts a lease on the building and property situated at __________________________, _____________ County, City of _____________________, ________________________.
- The term of this lease shall be for a primary term of _____ years, commencing on ________________, and expiring at midnight on ________________, unless extended as provided for herein. At the end of the primary term this lease shall be automatically extended for an additional _____ (____) years unless within ninety (90) prior to the expiration of the primary term Lessee gives Lessor written notice of its intent not to extend the term hereof.
- As consideration of the leasing herein, Lessee shall pay to Lessor, as base rental, the sum of ______________ Dollars ($ _______) per month for each month of the primary term, in advance, on or before the fifth day of each month during the term hereof, commencing For the extended term the monthly rental shall be ___________ dollars ($ _____) for each month of the extended term commencing _______________, payable on or before the 5th of each month thereafter. Lessee agrees to pay a late payment fee of five per cent (5%) of any sum due hereunder if said payment is made after the fifth of the month.
- The property hereinabove described shall be leased by the lessee as a location for ____________________ offices. No other use may be made of the leased premises without the written consent of the Lessor.
5. The Lessee shall pay all ad valorem taxes assessed against the subject property together with all personal property taxes duly assessed against the personal property located on the premises and shall also pay all privilege, excise and other taxes duly assessed. Said taxes shall be due not later than _________________, 20____ of each year.
6. Lessee shall pay for all water, electricity, and other utilities used on the premises.
7. Lessor shall be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the roof and exterior walls (excluding glass and doors). Lessee shall be responsible for maintenance on the plumbing, heating, air conditioning, glass, doors and electrical systems associated with the premises. If Lessee fails to perform necessary maintenance on said systems Lessor may perform said maintenance and bill Lessee the cost thereof plus a service charge of fifteen per cent (15%) as additional rental.
8. Lessor shall not be liable for any loss, injury, death or damage to persons or property which at any time may be suffered or sustained by lessee or by any person whomsoever may at any time be using or occupying or visiting the demised premises or be in, on, or about the same, whether such loss, injury, death or damage shall be caused by or in any way result from or be caused by any other matter or thing whether of the same kind as or of a different kind than the matters or things above set forth, and Lessee shall indemnify Lessor against all loss, injury, death, or damage. The preceding sentence shall not apply to loss, injury, death, or damage arising by reason of the intentional misconduct of Lessor.
9. Lessee has inspected the demised premises and finds them to be in a safe, satisfactory, and acceptable condition. The Lessee accepts said premises in their present condition, and without any representations on the part of Lessor or it’s agents as to the present or future condition of said premises.
10. Lessee will keep the premises in a clean and wholesome condition and will comply at all times with all lawful health and police regulations and will keep the demised premises, any improvements thereon and the areas adjacent thereto in a safe, secure and attractive condition.
11. Lessee will permit the Lessor, and/or it’s agents or authorized representatives to enter upon the demised premises at all times during reasonable business hours for the purpose of inspecting same.
12. If Lessee shall make default in the payment of the rent, or any part thereof or any other sums due under the terms hereof, when due as herein provided, or in any of the other covenants, agreements, conditions or undertakings herein contained to be kept, observed and performed by the Lessee, and such default shall continue for thirty days after notice thereof in writing to Lessee, or if (a) any proceeding under the bankruptcy act of the United States is begun by or against the Lessee, and an order of adjudication, or order approving the petition, be entered in such proceedings, or (b) a receiver or trustee is appointed for substantially all of the Lessee’s business or assets, or (c) if Lessee shall make an assignment for the benefit of creditors, or (d) if Lessee shall vacate or abandon the demised premises, then, ad in any such event, it shall be lawful for the Lessor, at it’s election, to declare the term hereof ended and to re-enter the demised premises, and to repossess and enjoy the said premises and any buildings and improvements situated thereon as in it’s first and former estate, without such a re-entry and repossession working a forfeiture of the rents to be paid and the covenants to be performed by the Lessee during the full term of this agreement. If any default shall be made in any covenant, agreement, condition, or undertaking herein contained to be kept, observed and performed by the Lessee, which cannot with due diligence be cured within a period of 30 days, and if notice thereof in writing shall have been given to the Lessee, and if the Lessee, prior to the expiration of 30 days from and after the giving of such notice, shall commence to eliminate the cause of such default and shall proceed diligently and with reasonable dispatch to take all steps and do all work required to cure such default, then the Lessor shall not have the right to declare said term ended by reason of such default; provided, however, that the curing of any default in such manner shall not be construed to limit or restrict the right of Lessor to declare the said term ended and enforce all of their rights and remedies hereunder for any other default not so cured.
The foregoing provision for the termination of this lease for any default in any of its covenants shall not operate to exclude or suspend any other remedy of the Lessor for breach of any of said covenants, or for the recovery of said rent for the full term, and in the event of the termination or default in any of the terms of this lease as aforesaid, the Lessee covenants and agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Lessor from any loss arising from such default, termination and/or re-entry in pursuance thereof including the payment of Lessor’s reasonable attorneys fees incurred in the enforcement of any of the terms hereof.
13. Time is of the essence in the performance of al duties obligations, and responsibilities under the terms of this lease.
14. Lessee covenants, understands, and agrees that it is liable under the terms of this lease, and hereby agrees to perform all of the covenants and undertakings herein contained to be kept.
15. All notices given pursuant to the terms of this lease shall be deemed given and received five (5) days after mailing postage prepaid, certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address of the parties shown below.
WITNESS MY SIGNATURE, this the _____ day of ______________, 20___ .
WITNESS THE SIGNATURE OF THE AUTHORIZED OFFICER OF LESSEE, this the ____ day of ______________, 20 ____.
BY: __________________________ ITS ________________________
STATE OF ______________________
COUNTY OF ____________________
PERSONALLY APPEARED BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority in and for said County and State, ________________________ who acknowledged to me that he signed and delivered the above and foregoing instrument on the day and in the year therein shown as his act and deed
GIVEN UNDER MY HAND AND OFFICIAL SEAL, this the ____ day of _________________, 20 ____.
MY COMMISSION EXPIRES:
STATE OF ____________________
COUNTY OF __________________
PERSONALLY APPEARED BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority in and for said County and State, _______________________, who duly acknowledged to me that he/she is the _______________________ (Title) of ____________________ a ______________________ Corporation and that he/she signed and delivered the above and foregoing instrument on the day and in the year therein shown for and on behalf of the corporation and for the uses and purposes therein stated after first being duly authorized so to do.
GIVEN UNDER MY HAND AND OFFICIAL SEAL, this the ____ day of __________________, 20 ___.
MY COMMISSION EXPIRES:
State Specific Lease Forms
—-For State Specific Lease Forms you can download in Word Format go to