GRANT OF EASEMENT
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
THAT ____________________________ , (Grantor), for and in consideration of ____________ Dollar ($___________ ) and other good and valuable considerations, the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged, does hereby grant unto _______________________, its successors and assigns, forever (Grantee), a right of way and easement, ______ feet in width, to construct, reconstruct, operate, maintain, repair, replace and remove pipe lines and all necessary and incidental fixtures and equipment for the transportation of gas in and through the following described real estate:
Situate in Section ________________, _________________ Township, _______________ County, State of ________________; being part of the same real estate conveyed to _________________________ from _______________ by deed dated ____________________, 20 _____, and recorded in Deed Book ______, Page ________. ______________ County Recorder’s Office.
The center line of said ______ foot wide right of way and casement shall be as shown on Exhibit “A” attached hereto and made a part hereof.
In addition to the rights provided above, said grant of right of way and casement shall provide that:
1. Grantee shall have the right to cut, trim or remove any trees, overhanging branches or other obstructions which may endanger the safety of or interfere with the construction, reconstruction, operation, maintenance, repair, replacement or removal of said facilities; the right to pile dirt and materials and to operate equipment on the surface of the land, both within said easement and immediately adjacent thereto, during periods of construction, reconstruction, operation, maintenance, repair, replacement or removal of said facilities and the right of ingress and egress for the purpose of exercising the rights herein granted.
2. Grantor shall have the right to use the land within said easement for any purpose consistent with the rights herein conveyed to Grantee, including the right to construct across said easement driveways, sidewalks, parking areas and utilities, other than those to be constructed by Grantee, within the above described easement.
3. Grantor hereby agrees to reduce to final grade the area within said easement and immediately adjacent thereto prior to the installation of the facilities of said Grantee, and that no cutting nor filling will be done within said easement after the installation of said facilities; and further that construction of driveways, sidewalks, parking areas and utilities, other than those to be constructed by Grantee within the above ________ shall be accomplished in such a way that the said construction does not interfere in any way with the facilities of Grantee within said casement.
4. Grantor hereby agrees to pay all damages to facilities of Grantee and expenses attributable to such damages caused by Grantor, its agents or contractors, including, but not by way of limitation, any damages caused by the construction and/or maintenance of driveways, sidewalks, parking areas and utilities, other than those to be constructed by Grantee, within the above described casement.
5. No buildings or other structures nor any trees or other deep rooted plantings will be constructed or placed within said easement by Grantor.
6. Grantee, by accepting delivery of this grant of easement, hereby agrees to pay all damages caused by its employees, agents, licensees and construction equipment and also agrees to restore the surface of the land after the initial construction and any reconstruction, maintenance, repair, replacement or removal of said facilities, as near as practicable, to the condition found prior to each such operation.
7. Grantor has full power to convey said easement and warrants and will defend the same against all claims of all persons.
Grantor and Grantee, as used herein, shall be deemed to be plural, when required to be so, and shall include the heirs, successors and assigns of the parties hereto.
The word “easement”, as used herein, shall be deemed to be plural when required to be so.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, ________________________, this ____ day of ________, 20 ____, has caused its corporate name to be hereunto subscribed by _____________________ its _______________________ and its __________________________________________________ thereunto duly authorized by its Board of Directors.
Signed and acknowledged in the presence of:
_________________________ By ____________________
_________________________ By ____________________
STATE OF ____________________. ______________________COUNTY,
Before me, a Notary Public in and for said State, personally appeared _______________________ . _____________________________and . _______________________ _____________________________ of ______________________________, the corporation which executed the foregoing instrument, who acknowledged the signing thereof to be ______ free act and deed individually and on behalf of said corporation and by authority of its Board of Directors.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF. I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my notarial seal this _____ day of ______________, 20 _____.
Commission expiration date:
State Specific Indemnity Forms
—- For State Specific Indemnity Forms you can download in Word format, go to