GRANT OF EASEMENT
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
THAT _____________________________, (Grantor), for and in consideration of _______Dollar ($ _______) and other good and valuable considerations, the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged, does hereby grant unto _____________________, its successors and assigns, forever (Grantee), a right of way and easement, feet in width, to construct, reconstruct, operate, maintain, repair, replace and remove pipe lines and all necessary and incidental fixtures and equipment for the transportation of gas in and through the following described real estate:
Situate in Section __________________, _______________________Township,___________________________ County, State of Ohio; being part of the same real estate conveyed to _____________________from _______________ by deed dated ________________ 20 ____ , and recorded in Deed Book , Page . County
The center line of said foot wide right of way and casement shall be as shown on Exhibit “A” attached hereto and made a part hereof.
In addition to the rights provided above, said grant of right of way and casement shall provide that:
1. Grantee shall have the right to cut, trim or remove any trees, overhanging branches or other obstructions which may endanger the safety of or interfere with the construction, reconstruction, operation, maintenance, repair, replacement or removal of said facilities; the right to pile dirt and materials and to operate equipment on the surface of the land, both within said easement and immediately adjacent thereto, during periods of construction, reconstruction, operation, maintenance, repair, replacement or removal of said facilities and the right of ingress and egress for the purpose of exercising the rights herein granted.
2. Grantor shall have the right to use the land within said easement for any purpose consistent with the rights herein conveyed to Grantee, including the right to construct across said easement driveways, sidewalks, parking areas and utilities, other than those to be constructed by Grantee, within the above described easement.
3. Grantor hereby agrees to reduce to final grade the area within said easement and immediately adjacent thereto prior to the installation of the facilities of said Grantee, and that no cutting nor filling will be done within said easement after the installation of said facilities; and further that construction of driveways, sidewalks, parking areas and utilities, other than those to
be constructed by Grantee within the above shall be accomplished in such a way that the said construction does not interfere in any way with the facilities of Grantee within said casement.
4. Grantor hereby agrees to pay all damages to facilities of Grantee and expenses attributable to such damages caused by Grantor, its agents or contractors, including, but not by way of limitation, any damages caused by the construction and/or maintenance of driveways, sidewalks, parking areas and utilities, other than those to be constructed by Grantee, within the above described casement.
5. No buildings or other structures nor any trees or other deep rooted plantings will be constructed or placed within said easement by Grantor.
6. Grantee, by accepting delivery of this grant of easement, hereby agrees to pay all damages caused by its employees, agents, licensees and construction equipment and also agrees to restore the surface of the land after the initial construction and any reconstruction, maintenance, repair, replacement or removal of said facilities, as near as practicable, to the condition found prior to each such operation.
7. Grantor has full power to convey said easement and warrants and will defend the same against all claims of all persons.
Grantor and Grantee, as used herein, shall be deemed to be plural, when required to be so, and shall include the heirs, successors and assigns of the parties hereto.
The word “easement”, as used herein, shall be deemed to be plural when required to be so.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF,________________________ , this ___________________ day of ________,
20_______ , has caused its corporate name to be hereunto subscribed by _________________________________
and its_____________________________________________________________________thereunto duly authorized by its Board of Directors.
Signed and acknowledged in the presence of
STATE OF _________________________________ ________________________________ . COUNTY, ss:
Before me, a Notary Public in and for said State, personally appeared _____________________________________. _____________________________________and _____________________________________________________. ______________________________ of _____, the corporation which executed the foregoing instrument, who acknowledged the signing thereof to be free act and deed individually and on behalf of said corporation and by authority of its Board of Directors.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF. I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my notarial seal this ________ day of ________________ , 20____ .
Commission expiration date:____________________________________________
State Specific Easements Forms
–For State Specific Easements Forms you can download in Word format, go to